Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birthday Fun

This year I got to spread out my birthday celebration over several days (I even have one more birthday event on Saturday). We got together with our small group on my birthday. The evening was not in my honor, but it was nice to spend that time with friends. Below is a picture of the "Three Amigas." These girls were born this June (Shelby), July (Ashleigh), and August (Talia) to our friends Devin and Lisa, and Jon and Kim (Talia to us, of course). Unfortunately, Shelby and her family recently moved away, but it was fun to have them come back to visit.

Talia, Shelby and Ashleigh

On Saturday Jon and I went square dancing at a church event for married couples. This was Jon's gift to me since public dancing is not his first choice activity. In addition to square and line dancing, Jon and I even got to waltz. While Daddy and Mommy were out dancing, Talia enjoyed being with Grandma and Grandpa for the evening.

We had a family birthday party on Sunday. Here is Talia showing Grandma how well she can stand.

Standin Tall

Talia loves talking to Grandma.

Smilin at Grandma

Uncle Eric and Talia were instant buddies. Talia grabbed his hand and wouldn't let go. Uncle Eric was literally a captive audience.

Uncle Eric with Talia

Just for fun, here is a picture of Talia showing her new habit. She likes to suck on one fist, she LOVES to suck on two.

100_0905

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! Talia pictures! She is really tall for her age...and really cute, too :). No bias whatsoever.

Auntie Angie

Nikki said...

Glad you had a fun birthday middle sis. I am going to claim that the presence of the parents at our house on the actual day of the anniversary of your birth accounts for me not remembering to call at a decent hour, and, therefore, not calling. I'm sorry about that! I am also glad for the pictures. Talia (whose merits I am not even going to try to expound) sure has cute little friends!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cute little girl you have. I'm so glad to be able to read your blog and see pictures!