Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Talia's Travels Continued

After visiting Mike and Evelyn and their family we drove to my parents' house where we were met by Talia's Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Angie, and "Uncle" Beau (the short, white, and furry member of the family). Grandma bathed Talia while Jon and I got ready for the wedding. Grandpa and Auntie Angie also took turns watching her. Here is Talia getting ready for the wedding.



I was thrilled to watch my good friend from childhood get married. We did not want to disturb the ceremony so we sat in the back. As it turns out, there were probably 7 or 8 babies under a year old. Here we are ready to make a quick exit (Grandma volunteered for the job).



I forgot my camera so I don't have a picture of the bride and groom :(. Tim, the bride's brother, left a link to some great pictures in the comments section of this post.

After the wedding we went to El Ranchito. Talia enjoyed her first restaurant visit. She slept, played, ate, and messed her diaper. She seemed to have no adverse reactions to Mexican food (although, I think I removed most of the spice for her).

We also got to see another good friend, Joy, and her husband Joel. They live in Texas now so it was a real treat to be in Southern California at the same time!

On Sunday we went to my old church. Talia was a real hit! In fact, Grandma and Grandpa showed her off to all their friends. While Talia was making her debut, I got to chat with my longtime friend Cara (we met when we were maybe 3 or 4!). It was wonderful to see her.

We went home long enough for me to nurse Talia and pack up. We stopped to visit Talia's great grandmother. It was a bittersweet time. There were four generations present, but unfortunately my grandmother was not able to understand the significance. After that, our small family began the journey home.

Here are a couple more pictures. The first is Talia with Auntie Angie. Auntie Angie has kept Talia well stocked with adorable clothes. If you see Talia wearing anything with Eeyore on it, you know it came from Angie. The second is one of our first family photos. Jon said it looks like he is burping me. Well, sometimes I need it, too.





That was our whirlwind trip! I might post more pictures at a later date.

4 comments:

burndive said...

Wedding pictures here.

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Thanks Tim! I am glad someone remembered his camera :).

Anonymous said...

I thought I had several pictures from the wedding but I do not find them in the ones I downloaded and I emptied my camera :(

Love you. And I am enjoying your updates!

Angie said...

Uncle Beau is in the family picture (including your profile picture!) just behind you. You failed to mention that. ;)

I don't remember what wedding pictures Mom had on her camera when I went through to find pictures of Talia...