Sunday, October 7, 2007

Talia Travels

Last weekend our family went on Talia's first road trip. We visited Talia's Aunt Evelyn, Uncle Mike, and cousins Sophia, Nathanael, Luke, and Timothy, as well as Grandma and Grandpa P., Auntie Angie, and Great Grandma. On our trip Talia got to attend her first wedding and her first restaurant (El Ranchero). We believe Talia is a fantastic traveler. She sleeps through the driving and stays awake for all the fun (cousins at 11:00 p.m., wedding, restaurant, friends visiting, Grandma and Grandpa time, Aunt Angie spoiling her, and church). I was impressed that she was so pleasant, even though her routine was very disrupted. She still managed to have an 11 to 12 hour night, despite her bedtime beginning 4 hours later than normal. She was even pleasant when she is normally ravenous during the day (after more than 4 hours from her last meal). Talia was also quite popular at the rest stops and eateries. Throughout our trip she was so fascinated by the new faces, surroundings, and sounds. Should I be surprised that she is so easy and sweet? After nearly eight weeks of being so pleasant, I guess not. We just feel so blessed by our amazing little girl, yet we concede she may not do ALL things well :).

Talia is helping Daddy drive. If we tried this while moving (not that we would) she would definitely be asleep at the wheel.



Here is a picture of Talia's cousin Sophia as she opens her birthday cookie. We were grateful to be with Sophia on her birthday. Cousin Luke kept asking if it could be his birthday. He also objected when Jon and I kissed :). He exclaimed, "I hate kisses!" Our nieces and nephews are so sweet and we love them a lot! I hope to post pictures of the rest of the family (and Talia) when I get them.



We better get ready for church. More on our trip will follow.

Thanks to Evelyn, we now have more pictures. Talia's yawn delights Nathanael.

Cousins Open Wide

Luke looks on while Sophia holds Talia.

Sophia and Luke with Talia

Timothy shows Talia how to be a good baby.

Timothy

We enjoyed a great breakfast together.

Breakfast at Timothy's

To see more photos, click on any of these photos to enter our Flickr album.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sure! You can put a link up of my blog. I'm not very creative, so you can use "Sarah's Blog" as the title, or my name. :) Can I put yours as a link on my page or would you rather be more private?

Sarah said...

I just now got around to actually reading this post. :) Luke is very much the same way! When we have gone to restaurants or other things out, he's usually either content or sleeping, and doesn't even miss his dinner if we go later than his scheduled time. So nice, huh?

Sarah said...

Your question about my blog title got me to thinking, and I just changed my title to "Stitchin' Mommy". :) It reflects my love of cross-stitching and being a mom. You can use this or the old one - it's up to you. By the way, do you still have the birdhouse cross-stitch that I made for your wedding? Do you think you could send me a picture of it? I never took one before I gave it to you. :) You can ask Angie for my email address if you don't have it so that I don't have to publish it here.