Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Talia's Pastimes

Every day is filled with wonder for Talia. She has been blossoming in so many ways. Her desire and ability to focus on new sights has been quite obvious this last week. She used to be content to just stare into our faces and at lights. Now she is looking at everything. We have been teaching her to stick out her tongue. She will often oblige us. Unfortunately, as soon as we take out the camera she forgets about us (and our exposed tongues) and focuses on the camera. This is nice for capturing her smiles, but I want to show you a picture of Talia with her tongue out :). Here is her "tongueless" smile.

100_0877

Talia's speech is becoming more advanced (and entertaining). Her pitch and volume varies, as well as her cadence. She is now placing several different sounds together in a "sentence," such as "agaw wa oo." Talia is hilarious when she gets excited. She waves her arms and legs wildly, breathes rapidly, and squeals. One of her favorite sounds is "Ohhh." Her volume and pitch are high initially, then they both taper. It makes for great conversation. We will tell her what we are doing, such as,"Mommy is putting socks on Talia's feet." Talia answers, "Ohhh!" Here is a video of Talia trying out some "ohs." She is only talking for the first 20 seconds or so, but I don't know how to edit video yet.



Standing is a new hobby for Talia. She enjoys supporting her weight on one or both legs. Mommy makes a good jungle gym. Talia stands, crawls on, and is practicing propping herself up on my tummy. I think this lip indicates she is tired of tummy time.

100_0871

We have discovered a new way to temporarily stop crying. The other day Talia was fussing when she was trying to go potty. I started "crying" and Talia stopped fussing and looked at me with curiosity. Her curiosity became a smile, then excitement (fast breathing, loud talking, and squeals). It lasted a minute or two until Talia remembered that she was in discomfort. We repeated this cycle several times.

Here is Talia ready for Stroller Strides. She can't contain her excitement!

100_0864

8 comments:

Jon, Erin, and Talia said...

Hmm...This video worked in the preview. I wonder what went wrong.

Nikki said...

I couldn't see the video. *cries* I hope to soon!

Auntie Nikki

Angie said...

Video played for me but I had to refresh the page for it to load, so it DOES work...

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

The computer genius in the family saves the day! Now he needs to teach me how to post a video correctly.

Nikki said...

I remember "crying" when you kids cried. It did cause a pause. "Hey, wait - that is what I am supposed to do!"

Angie said...

Happy belated birthday to Talia's mommy. I was going to call last night after work but I done forgot! In typical fashion, expect combined birthday/Christmas gifts this year...

Nikki said...

Yes, a very happy belated birthday to Talia's mommy! I was also going to call. BTW - the comment about crying when you kids were kids was from Talia's grandma who happened to be using my computer. :D

Angie said...

Talia is almost a week older than her last posted picture. Outrage!

Auntie Angie