Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Clothing Conspiracy

Last month Jon wrote about "The Elmo Conspiracy." This month I will write about "The Clothing Conspiracy." Their is no doubt that Talia is a girl, from her gentle features and sweet coos to her flash moods and fashion sense. I have figured out that Talia wears an average of four outfits a day. Every morning I look forward to choosing one of her many adorable outfits (sometimes I even plan days in advance). I will admit that I am living vicariously through her since I have only purchased two pieces of clothing (besides maternity) in more than a year. After her first feed and diaper change one of us dresses her in her outfit for the day. I take that back, for the next couple hours. Inevitably, she begins to spit up. Remembering that I just finished a load of Talia's clothes I try to hold out on changing her, but the poor girl soaks herself and a change is necessary in our stoveless home. Generally, the second change is still fun. I rummage through her three drawers of clothes and find another adorable outfit. Talia smiles and coos as I take off her first outfit and toss it in her dirty clothes box. I explain to her that this is a very cute outfit that I am sure she will want to wear all day. She puts on a placating smile. Clothes in place, the soaking begins. By the third outfit I am less concerned with appearance and more concerned with practicality. Her third change will usually land her in pajamas or a body suit. And yet, Talia seems quite dissatisfied with our selection, as demonstrated by more spitting up. The fourth outfit is a matter of the quickest and easiest clean outfit available. On a good day, the last change is right around bedtime.

Talia clearly enjoys displaying her large repertoire of clothing in as little time possible. Daddy and Mommy have tried to prolong the duration between changes by adding bibs to her ensemble. Talia seems to be catching on to this trick and she is now aiming for her arms and legs (with great success). I remember thinking that Talia had more clothes in this size than she could ever wear. But as Talia reminds me, a girl can never have too many outfits.

Here she is in one of her 25+ dresses (including sizes up to 24 months). This one lasted more than 2 feeds. Auntie Angie picked a winner!

100_1017

While Talia is able to sleep through some swaddle breaks, this one was a little too thorough for sleep.

100_1014

What is the big deal with killing two birds with one stone? Talia can soak Daddy, Mommy, and herself with one spit up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talia: You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...new look to the blog. I like the forest picture!

Nikki said...

I also like the blog picture. Reminds me a bit of mine, except that yours has people in it. :)

I am glad Talia is enjoying her clothes so much. She should! I would change as often as she does if I looked as cute as she does (and if there were anyone to see me), and I wouldn't even spit-up to give myself an excuse.

Angie said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier but got an error - BOOOO!

It is great to see Talia wearing the dress I got for her. She makes it look so cute!

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Nikki,
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I think your picture gave Jon inspiration.

Cheek,
Sorry about the error. Mom said she has gotten some in the past as well.