Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Here it is!

1.) One book that changed your life.

The Holy Bible: By God

I pray it will continue to change my life.

2.) One book that you have read more than once.

The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers

I have read many books more than once, but this one comes to mind as I read the series (more than 1000 pages) most recently while waiting for Talia’s arrival.

3.) One book you would want on a desert island.

Two come to mind. The Bible if I suspected I would never make it home. A survival guide if I though rescue was possible.

4.) Two books that made you laugh.

1. Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin

2. A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck

While this book was written for late elementary or middle school children, I think most adults would find it to be a hoot. It is a nostalgic look at summers spent in the South with a hilarious, spirited grandma.

5.) One book that made you cry.

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, illustrated by Sheila McGraw


6.) One book you wish you'd written.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

I would love to have such wit and intelligent conversation.

7.) One book you wish had never been written.

The Awakening by Kate Chopin

This highly esteemed novel paints in disgust the treasure of being a wife and mom. The heroine, being both, is so dissatisfied with her life that she ends it. This final scene is so poetically written, that it seems to condone her actions. It has been 10 years since I read this book and I still find it repulsive.

8.) Two books you are currently reading.

Emma by Jane Austin

What to Expect: The First Year by Eisenberg, Murkoff, and Hathaway

9.) One book you've been meaning to read.

The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel
I actually began this book several years ago and never finished it.

***
For the 1-2-3 meme, the directions are:
1) Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2) Open the book to page 123.
3) Find the fifth sentence.
4) Post the next three sentences.
5) Tag five people.

CSS: The Missing Manual: David Sawyer McFarland (obviously Jon’s book).

1. Launch your Web browser and open the file chapter_6 - text.html (see figure 6-10).

As usual, you will be working on a Web page from CosmoFarmer.com. In this case there’s already an external style sheet attached to the page, adding some design and layout touches.

Tagged: Angie (double tagged), Melody, Sarah, Joy (when you have a chance; I will give you a few months), Claudia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your 1-2-3 book :)