Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bittersweet

On Sunday night we returned from a trip to Southern California. The trip was full of tears, reminiscing, reunions, and laughter. We wept for our loss, but celebrated the life and heavenly home-coming of my grandmother. Hours were spent rummaging through old family photos. I saw my Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary for the first time in perhaps 13 years. Talia enjoyed playing with Aunt Mary. It was fun to see my cousin Jacqueline who is becoming kind, smart, and beautiful young lady. Hopefully she will forgive me for calling her "big," but the last time I saw her was when she was 7. It was also nice to see her dad, Uncle Roger. My dad's cousin, Mike, and his wife, Mary, were also present. I have many memories of Christmas Eves spent at Grandmother's house with them and their sons. We also laughed and sang. It was wonderful to be home with Mom, Dad, Nikki, and Angie. Talia was cuddled, entertained, loved, and spoiled by her grandparents and aunties. With all the reunions and activities, I neglected to take many pictures. I did manage a few. Here is Talia dancing with Uncle Beau, Grandma, and Grandpa.

Dancing with the babies

Daddy had fun with Talia. Here is proof.

Baby blocks

Because I forgot to post these in our previous trip photos, here are some pictures from the Jelly Belly Factory.

Talia at the Jelly Belly Factory

Talia and Daddy by Mr. Jelly Belly

Talia and Mommy at the Jelly Belly Factory

On another note, Talia's first tooth broke through. She began teething while in Southern California. She did such a great job mourning that Daddy had to take her out of the service to help her regain her composure. I will try to capture a picture of her little tooth soon.

Revelation 21:4

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions, Talia! A new tooth! Use it well and in time you will get money for it!

Thanks for coming down. We appreciated your support and enjoyed our time with all three of you!

Angie said...

It was so nice to see you and Talia and the rest of the family. Glad the tooth finally came through!