Saturday, October 4, 2008

Erin's Waterskiing Adventure



Jon insisted that he post some of my water skiing adventure in Tahoe last weekend. We had an "emergency" vacation (more on that in a future post) and Jon spoiled me with this fantastic opportunity. The last time I water skied was in high school and I had been eager to try again. In Tahoe, a wet suit is customary attire for the casual skier (lake temperature ranges from 41 to 68 degrees). My wet suit was pretty baggy so the initial gush of water filling the suit was the most challenging aspect of the outing. I had so much fun I stayed on the water for 45 minutes (with a short break after the pictured face plant). The boat driver said that the average newbie skis for about 20 minutes. I understood why after several days of sore muscles. We hope to go again in the future.

10 comments:

Angie said...

I like how much of Erin's water skiing adventure was Talia. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! We need more Talia, not less! Nice job riding in and out of the wake. Nice video editing having you fall a bunch of times, too ;).

Nikki said...

Impressive! I never managed to stand up for more than a few minutes before being plowed under water and finding my swimsuit in places I would prefer not to find it. I like the wetsuit approach. Talia looks super cute in a lifejacket. :)

Anonymous said...

Jon, great videos of your women on the move!

Anonymous said...

Hey F2, Can I have your phone number? -Ash

PrincessJoylynn said...

Goodness Erin, I still dont get how you can go in a lake- eeeewe there's fish and stuff in there! :-) Hopefully you can fit us in when we are there next month!

Claudia said...

Hey, Erin, from the perspective of a six year old boy, you are diving into the water there at the end. lol He thought that looked like fun.

PrincessJoylynn said...

Sofia LOVES to watch your videos over and over and over again. She wants Talia and Earin to come back. You wouldn't believe how much she is talking! Huggs and Kisses

Todd & Tammy Cleek said...

Well done on the water skis. And having some fun. But who edited the video so that we saw you face plant 4 times and then in slowmo?

Great to see you all having fun! Hope you all doing well and we're praying!

Angie said...

I don't suppose anyone has taken any pictures of Talia in the past month or so... ;)

Anonymous said...

Peoples comment on old blog posts that they should do a new blog post. But they do not update their blog nor comment on your new blog. So?